Saturday, November 22, 2008

What Is It You Wish For?

How many times have you heard someone tell you "be careful of what you wish for because it might come true?" If you are familiar with the Law of Attraction that is a truth. You will manifest what you are focusing on. If you are focusing on the negative, then you get negative. On the other hand, if you are focusing on something positive then you get positive. The only time when that would not be true is if you are focusing on something positive because you feel so bad and are coming from a place of lacking.

An example of focusing on something positive from a place of negativity would be "I am 25 pounds overweight and I don't want to be this heavy anymore." Your brain does not "hear" the words "no", "not", "can't", "don't" or any other negative word of that nature. Therefore when you say that you are 25 pounds overweight and don't want to be this heavy anymore, your brain will tune into the verb and the noun. It will hear 25 pounds overweight and heavy. No matter how hard you try to lose weight, it won't work for the long run.

What should you say then? Find a way to state your goal from the positive and in the present. Describe how you will feel when you are at your ideal weight. How the clothes feel, how light you feel and how proud you are at what you have accomplished. "I love weighing ____________ (put in your ideal weight). I feel so light and my clothes look great on me." What are some other positive things that you might feel at your ideal weight? Include those. Be as descriptive as you can. As you focus on the positive you are more likely to act in ways that will allow you to reach your ideal weight.

If you are not familiar with the Emotional Freedom Technique go to this article on my website at http://www.kolpiacounseling.com/article-eft.html

Use the Emotional Freedom Technique to help you reach your goal
Set up: Even though I don't feel that I can reach my ideal goal of ____________, I deeply and completely love and accept myself
Even though no matter how hard I try things don't really seem to change, I deeply and completely love and accept myself
Even though things have been this way for a long time and I am not sure that I can reach this goal, I deeply and completely love and accept all parts of myself
Eyebrows: I don't feel I can reach my ideal goal of __________________
Side of Eye: I have tried to make changes, but they are too difficult
Under Eye: Even when I make changes they never last
Under Nose: I don't want to work that hard
Under Lips: There are some things I don't want to stop doing
Collarbone: Maybe a part of me wants to make this change
Under Arms: I know that I can do things differently if I really wanted to
Top of Head: Maybe I can make this change if I choose to and know that I will feel better about things once I get started
Take a deep breath

Remember, focus on the positive and you will begin to see amazing things happen

No comments: